WHAT IS RESPITE CARE?
REST® Companions provide temporary, in home, relief to family and friends caregiving for an older adult, age 60 and older. Respite is provided by trained REST® Companions, that offer a period of rest and renewal to families and friends caregiving. Respite relieves families and friends from their daily caregiving responsibilities, while providing the individual with new opportunities and experiences.
WHERE ARE WE?
We serve the four counties of Marshall, Kittson, Lake of the Woods, and Roseau.
Our REST® Companions are trained on all of the following topics and more!
· Crisis intervention
· Building relationships
· Valuing cultural differences
· Good health and safety practices
· Overview of healthcare needs across the lifespan
· Creating a Positive environment
· Assistance and adapted equipment
· Planning and adapting activities
· Confidentiality and coping skills
· Reference and support
All of our REST® Companions are thoroughly back ground checked and trained through the REST® Program.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is there a cost for the service?
The value of the REST Companion respite service is $24 per hour. Northwest Community Action accepts a variety of payment options. If you need help paying for a REST Companion, please ask us about the availability of respite supported through our sliding fee scale or State of MN Health Care Programs.
312 N. Main Street
Badger MN 56714
Toll Free 1-800-568-5329
Ask us about other programs available through our office to help.
· Weatherization Program
· Utility Conservation Improvement Program
· Transitional Housing program
· Reach out for Warmth
· Food Support
· Food and Shelter Program
· Family Homeless Prevention Assistance
· Family Assets for Independence in Minnesota
· Energy Related Repairs
· Energy Assistance Program
· Credit counseling Program
· Health Insurance Navigator
· Crisis Program
And many more!
Northwest Community Action Respite
program is made possible through a grant from